Wednesday, 11 February 2009

Welcome!

OK. It isn't hard to find crap writing, on the internet or elsewhere. This blog will draw attention to:

1. those who publicly write *pretentious crap* and should really *know better*
2. those who have some kind of literary reputation; they just seem unaware of the fact they write crap

Amateur writers, diarists, and such like ... you're off radar. I'm going to concentrate solely on what's highly public, purportedly professional, potentially cooed over by silly little coteries, and yet crap all the same.

Note that there's little mileage in my pointing out merely that this or that is "crap"; I'll try to explain why it's crap. I'm going to be looking at the specific moment, often enough, that a particular piece of prose lets down its shield and betrays itself for the mawkish, banal, ill-informed, unconvincing, juvenile or just plain pretentious gobshite it is.

Let's be straight, if I feature it, then I really do think it's crap, and it's in a very public and/or influential place that it has no right to be.

Let's rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment